Welcome to the Metamorphosis Psychotherapy Blog!




This blog has a psychoeducational purpose as an addition to my website - https://metamorphosispsychotherapy.com/  - in hopes that it might help someone to start their journey to well-being. I intend to write about well-being related topics and share knowledge that I have acquired over the years along with some reflections, observations and ideasMy intention is to write about things in a comprehensible and relaxed manner which can be understood by everybody. 

Please keep in mind that I offer a certain perspective on wellbeing and there are lots of other perspectives out there. I have no intentions to re-invent the wheel while writing about certain topics, to challenge anybody's views, neither I claim to be a top expert in the area. I feel I know enough to share and also believe we as people are never finished learning.   

Well-being is a multifaceted construct and there are all sorts of standpoints on well-being. My perspective grew out of holistic health and was rooted in a psychotherapeutic approach. I tend to use the 'Body, Mind and Spirit' division in relation to people to emphasize that according to the holistic perspective, we are built from different parts and all of them are important, however some are often mistreated or not acknowledged. Additionally, a person cannot exist in isolation from other people, interactions with them and the environment. Perhaps using Body, Mind and Spirit references do not sound scientific, however in my opinion it provides a good framework to explain how things work on the individual level. Bronfenbrennner's Ecological Theory is a great one to illustrate how an individual (the body-mind-spirit) interacts with others on a collective level and shows the bigger picture of socio-economical-cultural processes and how history works. Both are helpful to make sense of our personal well-being and meaningful interactions with others and the world or lack thereof. All adds up. Everything is connected with visible and invisible links.
 

I am 'a blow in' who is very lucky to live in one of the most beautiful places in the world - Arklow, Co. Wicklow. I am a trained and experienced psychotherapist/counsellor with a background and lifelong interest in natural therapies and 'alternative medicine' who has the privilege to work with adolescents and adults in a one-to-one capacity. I also have the honor of working with mental health recovery peer support groups and self-development groups. In the past, I worked in all sorts of health related settings. I believe that personal wellness and contentment can spread and influence the world in a positive way. My passion for wellbeing - my own and others - is built from many elements and my personal journey brought me to this point in time and space.  I want to share some of this passion. Sharing is caring.

Izabela Morris MIACP

A tune I recommend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvmOoSFhhJ4 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enjoy Life

Identity

Sharing is Caring